Join us while we sweep if interested.
A card with the total amount of scorpions collected is placed on the front door.
A written report will be sent via email within a week.
About Scorpion Maintenance Control Services
Our Maintenance Scorpion Control Service is the second phase of our scorpion prevention plan. After a Scorpion Audit or Scorpion Home Inspection is completed, maintenance sweeps are needed to quickly lower the population and keep it at a manageable level or exterminate the scorpions entirely. The graph below shows the average results from our maintenance program, segmented by the number scorpions we removed on the first visit. Based on our data, even the worst issues are at a manageable level in around five sweeps.
We will remove scorpions from the external part of your property on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis. Our technicians use UV floodlights to find then hand remove scorpions from the external part of your property. No pesticides or other chemicals are used.
When you sign up for our maintenance scorpion prevention service the same group of sweepers will perform the service. This allows us to get to know your property very well, learning where the habitats are, where scorpions are normally located and provide advanced recommendations to prevent scorpions. Our maintenance service is performed at night between 8 pm – 4 am. When you are scheduled for repeat visits, service will usually be the same week of the month allowing you to plan well in advance. An email will be sent 24 hours prior to your audit letting you know the general time you can expect us.
You can sign up for weekly, bi-weekly or monthly service with discounts available when a summer’s worth of service is purchased. There are no long-term contracts, you can skip a sweep or stop service altogether whenever you’d like. We are very flexible and will work with you to find a plan that fits your specific needs best.
Our maintenance reporting is the same as our Scorpion Audits and Scorpion Home Inspections. A card will be placed on your door with the number of scorpions found immediately after the service. This card will contain the technician’s name, license number, the date, and time. Within a week of the sweep a detailed report will be emailed containing:
- Documenting the number of scorpions and a map where they are caught
- A graphical depiction population of scorpions
- Recommendations to eliminate scorpion habitats
We will also let you know of other things we find on the property like dead birds, other pest infestations, suspicious activity, and damage lighting.
Total Scorpions Removed
Sweep & Location Map
Sweep History Report
Sample History Report
Strategy Moving Forward
Maintenance service during the summer.
Our maintenance service keeps the population at a manageable level, and can even eliminate the problem.
Source Of The Scorpions
The source of the scorpions is a combination of factors. First, there is the issue of overgrown vegetation. Many of the bushes in the front and back yard were overgrown at the ground level. This creates the perfect hiding space for scorpions. Also, much of the overgrown bushes in the back are lining the perimeter wall, which is the most common area we find scorpions. This readily available shelter along the perimeter walls creates the perfect shelter for scorpions. Finally, a source of the scorpions could be the fact your family just recently moved into the home. The home being unattended for 2-3 months prior to your arrival could have allowed scorpions to enter the home where they might not have had a family been inhabiting the property.
- Trim landscaping 6-8 inches above the ground and away from walls to prevent shade during the day. Cricket, cockroaches and sometimes scorpions love this habitat.
- Remove leaf litter and other organic material from the property. This is perfect food and shelter for prey species of scorpions. Scorpions have been known to use this as a habitat as well.
- Remove piles of wood, bricks, pavers, cinderblocks, or roof tiles from the property. These are scorpions hotels providing many cracks and crevasses that multiple scorpions can live in for years.
- Remove river rocks over 3 inches in diameter. These rocks provide a perfect habitat for scorpions. They allow them to fit underneath them completely, shading them from the sun.
- Remove large decorative rocks, they may have space underneath them that scorpions can live in. When it rains the water erodes the dirt underneath them that makes cracks which are perfect habitats for scorpions.
- There were some plant pots or planters on your property that were placed on the ground. These are great habitats for pest, The space under the pot or planter is a great habitat, there is also ample water from the watering of the plant. We recommend placing these on 4-6 inch tall stands so that air and light can go underneath.
Scorpions Found in the Front Yard
There were three scorpions caught in the front yard. Two of them were found at the base of the bushes to the right of your driveway. The third scorpion was found underneath the electricity box on the side of the wall, to the right of the garage.
Scorpions Found in the Back Yard
There 14 scorpions found in the back yard. Three of these scorpions were deceased. The major hot spot in the backyard was the area behind your pool along the back perimeter wall. The vast majority of the scorpions caught were lining the perimeter wall.
Scorpions Found Inside House
We did not sweep the inside of your home.
Other Pests Encountered
- Crickets were heard throughout the property. Crickets are one of the top prey for scorpions. Crickets are one of the main sources of food for Scorpions, by eliminating this prey item you can reduce your scorpion population.
- There were small holes in the ground on your property. These holes are probably being created by small mammals. They also can provide habitat for scorpions, other arthropods and small invertebrates.
There were no scorpions seen on our around your children’s play area or toys.
* Sample data