Scorpion Removal and Control In Phoenix
Schedule, Pay And Sign Contract
Join Us And Ask Questions While We Sweep Your Yard
A Card With Total Found Is Placed On Front Door
Written Report Sent Via Email Within A Week
Our Scorpion Removal Technicians will inspect the entirety of the home’s outside areas using a high-powered ultraviolet light that causes the scorpions to brightly appear in the dark night. Scorpions are hand removed from the property. This approach ensures there are no deceased scorpions or chemicals left behind. We will tell you exactly where we found all of the scorpions, recommend habitats to remove, identify the source of the scorpions and let you know how difficult we feel it will be to exterminate the scorpions entirely.
As technicians are moving throughout the property, they will be observing the qualities they believe are causing scorpions to inhabit the area. Our technicians are certified through the Pest Management division of the Arizona Department of Agriculture. Scorpion Sweeper Removal Technicians also must also meet a minimum number of sweeps prior to being able to audit homes. Each of these requirements ensures our employees are informed regarding the driving source behind each property’s scorpion population.
Audit / Home Inspection Details:
- Walk the exterior of the property inspecting and removing scorpions
- Documenting the number of scorpions and where they are caught
- Observe and document the source of the scorpions
- Options for property owners to walk with the certified Pest Control Technician during inspection
- Conclude audit with a report that summarizes our initial findings, and a strategy for future prevention
- Sweep Exterior of Home
- Hand Removal of Scorpions
- Determine Source of Problem
- Identify Habitats to Remove
- Custom Strategy
About Scorpion Audits
Our Scorpion Audits are perfect for the homeowner that is concerned that they have a scorpion problem. Our goal is to see how bad the problem is, figure out where the scorpions are living, identify the source of the problem and provide you with recommendations to quickly and effectively exterminate your scorpion population.
Using Ultra Violet flood lights we will search every inch of your exterior property looking for scorpions. While we are doing this we will identify the species, the favorable habitats, and areas where scorpions are found in a high density so we can provide you with recommendations on how to eliminate the scorpion’s habitat. We will also attempt to find the source by using Google Maps to evaluate the nearby areas and the locations of the scorpions. In some instances, the source may be from a neighboring property, a wash, alley or desert area adjacent to the property. In these cases, we can get the scorpions to a manageable level very quickly and keep the population low with our Scorpion Maintenance Service.
If you are purchasing or selling a home our Home Inspections may be a better option and be sure to know how to keep from buying a home with scorpions. They do everything the Audit does plus the inside of the home, preferred scheduling, and expedited reporting.
Scorpion Audit Report
Total Scorpions Removed
Sweep & Location Map
The blue line is the path the sweeper walked and the purple pins are where the scorpions were found.
Strategy Moving Forward
Our 25-50 scorpion strategy is 4 weekly sweeps, then maintenance service in the summer.
When we find this many scorpions, our data shows it takes approximately four consecutive weekly sweeps to get into single digits. At that point, we recommend monthly sweeps during the summer. Our maintenance service keeps the population at a manageable level, and can even eliminate the problem.
Average Results Based On Your Total
25-50 Scorpion Success Graph
Source Of The Scorpions
We believe the source of the property’s scorpion population is a combination of proximity and maintenance. Given how many scorpions were found along the walkway to the park and along the actual park, we believe these spots are hotbeds for scorpions. In addition, the maintenance of much of the backyard plants is a cause of the scorpion presence. These plants are overgrown to the point they are shedding leaf litter, while also providing necessary shelter for scorpions.
- Seal property walls. This is the #1 habitat for scorpions on properties in Phoenix. We offer a Property Wall Sealing service that can remove this habitat learn more here.
- Trim landscaping 6-8 inches above the ground and away from walls to prevent shade during the day. Cricket, cockroaches and sometimes scorpions love this habitat.
- Remove leaf litter and other organic material from the property. This is perfect food and shelter for prey species of scorpions. Scorpions have been known to use this as a habitat as well.
- Remove fallen fruit from the property. This can attract Rats, Cockroaches, Beetles, Flies, and Ants. Many of pests fallen fruit attract are prey for scorpions and lead to increased population.
- Remove river rocks over 3 inches in diameter. These rocks provide a perfect habitat for scorpions. They allow them to fit underneath them completely, shading them from the sun.
- Remove ivy on the walls. Scorpions and other bugs love to live on the walls behind the ivy. Thick areas of ivy can provide habitat for many scorpions and their prey.
Arizona Bark Scorpions Found: 27
Desert Hairy Scorpions: 0
Striped Tail Scorpions: 0
Babies Caught: 0
Mothers Caught: 0
Scorpions Found in the Front Yard
There were seven scorpions found during tonight’s sweep. For the purpose of this sweep we consider everything not in the back yard the front yard. Two scorpions were found in the immediate front yard area: one below a bush outside the back yard gate and the other on the wall by the back yard gate. The remaining scorpions caught were located on the side perimeter wall along the walkway to the park and also on the back of the perimeter wall ok the park side.
Scorpions Found in the Back Yard
20 scorpions were caught in the backyard during tonight’s sweep. The majority of the scorpions were displaced in varying locations of the backyard but two primary points were the front and back corners of the right perimeter wall along the walkway to the park.
Scorpions Found Inside House
We did not sweep the inside of your home.
Other Pests Encountered
- Crickets were heard throughout the property. Crickets are one of the top prey for scorpions. Crickets are one of the main sources of food for Scorpions, by eliminating this prey item you can reduce your scorpion population.
- Cockroaches were seen throughout the property. Cockroaches are one of the top prey for scorpions. If you can eliminate your Cockroaches issue, this may cause scorpions to look elsewhere for food.
- There were many flying insects attached to the light this evening.
While we did find 27 scorpions during tonight’s sweep, we believe this number can vastly decrease with preventative measures. Our most recommend best practices include trimming vegetation six to eight inches above the ground, removing any fallen leaf litter or organic debris, and removing any excess shade creating objects. By following through with these recommendations you are taking highly effective steps toward eliminating the favorable scorpion habitat that has been fostered up until this point.